Friday, April 6, 2012

Cascarones (confetti eggs) Tutorial

In the clearance section after Halloween 2010 I found cartons of halloween painted eggs filled with confetti for throwing and I loved them. There is no better way to egg a house (My guests and I egged my own house at my Halloween party). I've never seen the eggs for sale before, but they're so much fun that I've made them several times for fun (I crunched one over a friend's head at his going away party). Each egg holds 1-2 tablespoons of confetti and is great for exploding on awnings, headsmashing, or crunching down the collar of a shirt.

You need:
  •  eggs
  • glue (i like mod podge for this)
  •  tissue paper
  • confetti (i like the cheap foil kind they sell at party city)
  • A sharp knife (i like a pointy little paring knife)
  • A paint brush

    
    Step 1: Dye your eggs
    

Step 2: Stab into the bottom of your egg and make a quarter sized hole in the shell

Step 3: Dump out the inside of the egg (yum breakfast) and rinse the inside. Leave the eggs hole-side-down to dry overnight

Step 4: Fill with confetti (This process is messy)
 
Step 5: Paint glue around the edges of the hole. At a square of tissue paper and paint the edge down with glue to seal the confetti inside

 Step 6: Have an egg fight!!!

1 comment:

  1. On a side note- if you're into handpainted ukrainian eggs, corkscrews work really well for making the small hole in each end for blowing out the egg innards

    ReplyDelete