Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 2012: Steampunk Earrings & Other Things

It's been awhile since I posted. I've been having allergic reactions for a month straight and spent 3 weeks on steroids, and I'm on a special allergy elimination diet right now- none of which is fun- but I'm starting to balance out and that means I can focus on other things- like being creative. One of my recent projects has been playing with gears for steampunk earrings and I think they're pretty darn cute!

This pair is my favorite

This was my first pair. I'm not sure how I feel about the jump rings

This pair is really fun and I loved the addition of color, but they're a little long for my own tastes- will probably end up on etsy.

I also helped my sister with a bunch of green-tone organza flowers for her wedding. They're really easy, you just cut out circles, melt the edges with a lighter or candle and pile them together.
I made this white/ivory one just so I could put a picture on the blog. The green ones are cuter.
 I also made my first romper. Rompers aren't necessarily the best silhouette for my body type, but they're so comfy and convenient in the summer. I bought this orange fabric ages ago and it came out really cute.

I also got an early birthday present that I am SO PSYCHED about- a dress form! I already had a dress form, but it's adjustable which makes it really difficult to pin and even at its smallest settings, it doesn't get down to my size or proportions. My new dress form IS my size and proportion and I'm pretty excited about that. I think I'm going to name it Penelope.


No comments:

Post a Comment